About Denise J. Pomeroy
For over 25 years, Denise's law practice has focused primarily in the area of family law. Denise's practice covers a broad range of family matters. These range from child custody and financially complex domestic litigation to mediation and prenuptial planning. Denise is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and has served as the President of the Alabama Chapter and has recently been elected to serve the Alabama Chapter again as President Elect.
Denise has been listed in the "The Best Lawyers in America" since 2010 in the area of Family Law and was named Family Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Birmingham for 2012 by "The Best Lawyers in America."
Denise is Peer Review Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Denise enjoys reading, traveling with her family, and college football
Prefessional and Civic Affiliations
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers,
- President, Alabama Chapter, 2009- 2010.
- Birmingham Bar Association,
- Member, Grievance Committee, 2009-2011
- Chair of Grievance Committee Group, 2011
- Member, Birmingham Executive Committee, 2002
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1996-2000
- Chairman, 1998
- Member, Women’s Section, 1996-2004
- Board Member, 1997-2004
- Chair, 2002
- Member, Young Lawyers Section, 1992-1998
- Executive Committee
- Domestic and Juvenile Courts Procedures Committee, 1991-1993; 1996-1998
- Public Relations Committee, 1992;
- Social Welfare Committee, 1993
- YLS Representative, 1993
- Young Lawyer of the Year, 1992
- Birmingham Bar Association Foundation
- Board Member, 2003-2004
- Member, Alabama State Bar; Family Law Section
- Selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America®: Family Law” (Copyright 2011 by Woodward/Wright, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.)
- AV Peer Review Rated