About Terry McElheny
Terry McElheny’s practice focuses on representing small businesses, including formation, maintenance, mergers and acquisitions, and dissolutions. He also handles employment law matters for employers.
Terry graduated from Birmingham-Southern College in 1975, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1978, and served on the Alabama Law Review. Following graduation, Terry spent one year as a law clerk for former United States District Judge Sam C. Pointer, Jr.
Terry is admitted to practice in all of the United States District Courts in Alabama, as well as in the Fifth and Eleventh U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Terry is a member of the Alabama and Birmingham Bar Associations. He is Peer Review Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell®. He serves as Chancellor (legal counsel) to the North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church. He has also been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America (2018 Edition)® in the areas of Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Law, Employment Law - Management, Non-Profit / Charities Law. Corporate Law and Employment Law - Management.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- United States Supreme Court, 1997
- Member: all United States District Courts in Alabama
- Member: Fifth and Eleventh United States Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Member: Alabama Bar Associations
- Member: Birmingham Bar Association
- (Executive Committee, 2005-2007)
- (Task Force for Future Leaders Forum, 2008-2009)
- (Executive Committee - Business Law Section, 2013-2014)
- AV Peer Review Rated