About Richard G. Burton
Richard Burton completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Alabama receiving a Bachelor of Science in general business and personal financial planning and a Bachelor of Arts in anthropology. Throughout college, Richard competed on the Cross Country and Track & Field teams.
While attending law school at Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida, he founded the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Club, served as its first president and was elected as the Chair of the Statewide Florida Bar Student RPPTL Committee. He also served as a Legislator for the Student Bar Association and volunteered with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid earning the JALA Pro Bono Award.
Upon returning to Alabama and being admitted to the Alabama Bar, he was appointed by the Honorable Judge Alan King to serve as the Law Clerk for the Jefferson County Probate Court and then went on to found Burton and Associates LLC.
• Admitted Alabama State Bar
• Member Birmingham Bar Association
• Member BBA Probate Section
• Member BBA Solo/Small Firm Section
• Member American Bar Association
• Member ABA Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section
In the Community:
• President of the Central City Neighborhood Association
• Former Vice President of the Sanspointe Board of Directors
• Current Treasurer of the Birmingham Art Crawl Board of Directors