About Anthony C. Willoughby
Tony is a native of Birmingham and he has represented business and business owners with executive and employee compensation and benefits, corporate governance, succession planning, buying and selling businesses, estate and charitable planning.
He also has extensive experience in commercial and residential real estate development, including like kind exchanges and opportunity zone investments.
Married to Suzanne Obering Willoughby since 1985, a daughter Katie (1990) and two (2) sons Clark (1992) and Kyle (1995)
Tony has served as youth director for Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Tiger Cub Scout Leader, Troop 237, Homewood, Alabama. He and his wife currently serve as Ambassadors for the Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas. He serves on the board (and is past president) of The Alabama Federal Tax Clinic and the Board of the American Institute for Federal Taxation. He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Tax Law.
Spending time with his family, Auburn Football, Hunting, Fishing
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Alabama Bar Association
- American Institute on Federal Taxation, board member
- Alabama Federal Tax Clinic; board member, past president
- Alabama Profit Sharing Council; member, past President
- Leadership Birmingham Alumnus
- Adjunct Professor, University of Alabama at Huntsville Employee and Retirement Benefits
- Author, “Structure and Ownership of Medical Practices,” Physicians Survival Guide, published in 1991, by the American Medical Association and the American Health Lawyers Association
- Business Succession Planning
- Buyer/seller Representation
- Executive Compensation And Employee Benefits
- Federal, State, And Local Tax Planning
- Healthcare And Physician Group
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Real Estate Transactions And Financing